Friday, May 22, 2015

Brother from the Same Mother!

So I guess all that "first kid, second kid" stuff is true. With Austin, I was all about blogging and documenting every procedure, feeling, ache, and pain. With Baby 2 - I am totally failing but let's break it down!

We starting the IUI process in January and because I am a high risk of multiples (age, eggs, general plumbing), we started slow. I was on low doses of the IUI medication and went in every other day to check the growth of my eggs - or lack there of. For weeks (!) there was no change. I never got the true definition of "8 less than 10" but we were stagnant at that measurement forever. Even when we thought one little gal/guy grew, we learned it was a mismeasurement or false alarm.

Finally after a month or so of shots, we had some movement and it looked as though 3 decided to be good-to-go at the same time. Not that we were trying to avoid 3 big follicles at once, but that was the reason for the low dosage from the start. Long story short, I took my trigger shot on February 7th and my baby (babies?) were conceived on the 9th. This gave them more or less the same due date as Austin. Interesting.

Longer story short, we now have one little man incubating in my belly with an arrival date on November 1st. All involved parties are thrilled.

My second pregnancy hasn't been bad in the scheme of bad pregnancies but it certainly has not been as easy as my first. Morning sickness was a son of a bitch for the first 14 weeks. I never puked but remained in a sick belly/sweaty month/am-I-hungry-or-nauseous? state of limbo. I was super lethargic and headaches - holy moly Batman! (As the kids today say, "I can't even!").

Then - miraculously, graciously, by-the-grace-of-God - the morning of week 14, I awoke feeling mostly back to normal and ever so thankful. Since then, I am a much more functioning member of society and all is well from a personal and gynecological perspective.