Monday, May 14, 2012

Whomp! There it is!

Thursday I wasn't showing and then I woke up Friday and there it was!
In the morning, Petrie is a little pooch in my abdomen and rounds up to just above my belly button but then depending on how much I eat or how much water I drink throughout the day, he/she can double in size and bloat to amazing proportions.

At 15 weeks, Petrie is practicing breathing, sucking, and swallowing so when he/she breaks out into the world, he/she will have the basic survival tools. Also, according to WhattoExpect.com, the "fetus is holding daily aerobics classes — kicking, curling toes, and moving those little arms and legs".
 
Bathing suits have long been put away as well as anything fitted. Most of my work clothes have also been shoved to be back of my closet with the exception of a few pairs of pants and flowy shirts. After work today I am going to check out Target to see if they have some in-between sizes. The maternity pants Amy passed down to me will be great once I get a little bigger, but now I need something to hold me over until then. My cousin suggested Belly Bands. She said they are a must have and are advertised to do the following:


  • tummy sleeves are a staple of your maternity wardrobe!
  • a versatile basic works before, during, and after pregnancy
  • smooths lines from unbuttoned jeans or pants
  • wear folded down or in a single layer for more coverage
  • offers extra tummy coverage when lifting top for nursing
  • size 0 will fit sizes small through large

  • Also since "coming out" the other day, I reread parts of my blog and a few points of note:
    1. the typos are out of control and I do apologize for them
    2. I realize I was a little obsessive about the exercise debacle and I'm sure some of you were thinking "ok, we get it - get over yourself" since I did the same thing when I was rereading it. Sorry about that. I am going to make an effort to be less whiny.
    3. I am still not on Facebook but DJ did make the most cryptic announcement the other day in celebration of Mother's Day. It might have been too cryptic.