Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Celebration for my Butt!

After nearly 9 weeks (72 days) of some sort of injection or another, I am finally done with shots!! Yay!!!

The Lupron from way back when was actually the most "enjoyable" of the group as it was the smallest needle, the least amount of medication, and the most accessible area for shots. The Progesterone shots in the rear proved to be the most ruthless as they were in my muscles, caused bruising, and were something I couldn't do on my own. I guess DJ and I will have to find a new after dinner ritual that doesn't include him poking my butt cheeks and asking "what about here? does this hurt?" and then stabbing me.
As mentioned in an earlier post, there was the option of taking the Progesterone vaginally but, of course, since it is more comfortable it is also more expensive. Unlike the injections, insurance chose not to cover this medication and it would have been over $300 a series. With 4 weeks down, whats another 28 days?

In hindsight (get it! hehehe) I guess it could have been worse.  I'm fortunate to have an excellent husband with a strong stomach and a steady hand!

I would also like to send two special Thank Yous:
1.  to No-Eyes, Woof Woof, and Sleeping Baby - three of my childhood stuffed animals that allowed me to more or less strangle them each night as I prepared for the shots :)
and
2. to the wonderful staff at IRMS Clark/Livingston who welcomed me every visit, who let me look away during blood draws, who gave me pictures of developing Petrie, who answered all my questions, and who got me this far along in my pregnancy!