Thursday, February 23, 2012

DIE in Diet

For the first time in my life I actually have to watch what I eat and I hate it. I love the gym. I'm not psycho about it, I'm not a fanatic, a junkie, or a gym rat but I love the feeling I get when I'm done. I love sweating. I love endorphins. But more than that, I love knowing that if I want seconds or to sneak a dessert, I can because I earned it.

For the past month or so, I have either been too bloated, too uncomfortable, or too nervous to do any of that. Before the retrieval, my belly was crazy bloated it felt like I was already pregnant or had a 10 pound weight strapped around my mid-section. After the retrieval and several days after the transfer, I had that same feeling, plus soreness, cramping, and the inability to fit into anything I owned. Now I feel really good (hopefully not too good) and want to get back into my old routine. Today was a BEAUTIFUL day so I took the opportunity to walk all over my town and not only did I feel very "green" but I felt good about it. It was kind of a tease because I saw all the runners out there and had the urge to pick up my pace, but restrained for the good of cell development.

If all goes well tomorrow, I got the "ok" to resume certain activities - yoga, stationary bike, walking, etc. I have to avoid "pounding activities" such as running or jump rope, so I got a kettlebell DVD, 4 sessions with a personal trainer via Groupon, and DJ and I got a heavy bag for boxing :) . As long as I am protecting my abdomen, life is good. All of the above activities have also been Googled to assure they are good for pregnant women - assuming I become one of them :)

But for now I just start longingly as my husband snacks on anything available after dinner, turn down that extra helping, and drink water so I can fake myself into being full - until I pee - then the jig is up.