Monday, February 20, 2012

2 Week Wait

I am 4 days away from my pregnancy test. It will be the final day in the longest two weeks of my life.

My bloating FINALLY went down on Friday. My stomach wasn't 100% back to normal, but I was actually comfortable going out in public to meet friends for dinner. I was smart to have saved some of the pants I had prior to my pre-wedding weight loss because they came in handy this weekend. I was actually getting tired of wearing sweat pants and, for those who know me, that is actually quite shocking. Either way, it was nice to have a reason to get dressed, blow dry my hair, and put on make up.

Friday I also got a call from the nurse confirming everything was okay with that morning's blood work and to continue with the nightly progesterone shots. She also told me 4 embryos were frozen. This is great news but also amazing that I dropped from 20 retrieved eggs, to 18 fertilized, to 8 on Day 3 transfer, to 4 for freezing. I feel very fortunate because I know there are a lot of women who can only produce 7 or so eggs for retrieval. You can do the math from there.
Other good news is I don't have the "bad symptoms" which include shortness of breath, vomiting, and nausea.

I also realized that I haven't worked out in almost a month. A MONTH! As you can imagine this has also been a challenge since I love it. I miss sweating, and getting my heart beating, and pushing through that last mile. When I see runners in this amazing February weather on the streets, I sigh and long to lace up my sneakers and join them. Once I get feedback on Friday, I will be able to start working it back into my life and I am so looking forward to it.

Today I still have a little pooch, but am back in my regular pants. I feel good though I am still preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. And I have been wearing my St. Jerome pin every day :)
When you are home-ridden, you make very long scarves