Saturday, January 21, 2012

My first date with Lupron

Shot
I almost forgot
It's time for your shot
It'll just take a second,
It won't hurt a lot.
So roll up or pull down
And we'll find the spot
For your shot.
- Shel Silverstein, Everything on It

I know I have said it in the past with a hint of sarcasm, but there is something romantic about your husband giving you a shot in the belly. Its one of those "if we can make it through this" moment where you have to laugh at the ridiculous of it all and accept the fact that this is the road we are taking to pregnancy.

The Lupron shot was actually a good gateway to the rest that are to come. It's a little needle and, once you get past the awkwardness of what is actually happening, it isn't too bad. I feel bloated, but I have felt bloated ever since I started this birth control so it could be that too. Unlike Yasmin, this new brand doesn't agree with me at all and I feel yucky, I've gained a little wait, and feel constantly bloated no matter how much I pee. I can't suck in my stomach and always feel full. Its not a good look and I'm glad I only have 4 more days of it.