Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It takes a village

I would like to take a moment and back track on some of my posts. I realized there is a lot of I, I, I in my writing and that is not the case at all. It should ALL be we, we, we.

You cannot survive this process alone. You need a wonderful support system or else you will go even crazier. This post is dedicated to my family, my friends - and most of all my husband. Without him, I would probably be institutionalized.

DJ is the rainbow from the rain, the prize in the bottom of the cereal box, the missing sock found in the dryer, the epitome of all the good things that come from frustration. He has had to witness the "why me" tears, the afternoon of wallowing in the dark after I first learned about my defunct hormones, and the person that keeps me moving forward. I love him!

For example, I usually get annoyed after a bad day at the gym, but now the gym and I have a love/hate relationship. I used to love my long runs. They kept me sane. Enemies were the pavement and I trampled on them, mile after mile. Pizza and wings were the sweat that darkened my tee shirt. My workout buddies were the Black Eyed Peas, Aerosmith, CCR, and Wham!.
Now though, I feel like those same runs got me in this whole mess and its hard for me to get around that. Something I loved, or at least part of it, was taken away the day I learned about amenorrhea and I have yet to beat it and get it back.
Yesterday, I came home from the gym aggravated and disheartened. I didn't have a good workout, I couldn't focus, and I was frustrated. I broke down. After waiting his usual 30 seconds (it gives me a minute to flip out in private), he was there, by my side, coaching me along. Life wasn't yet perfect, but it was certainly better. :)


My parents are other award winners. Toting me from appointments, assisting with the financial burdens, and doing all the wonderful things they do best. I have always said I won the Parent Lottery and with each bump and bruise, they further prove they are the most worthy recipients of the World's Greatest award.

Friends - thank god for friends! I haven't out-ed myself to all of them yet but those who know, thank you! Even a text that checks in does a world of wonders on a rough day. They have helped at work, provided distractions when I am bored, and lend an eye when my husband and parents aren't around (or tired of hearing about it).


Thanks!!! A million times over! Thanks!